- Link field is created in the Manage Configuration UI for a custom portlet and a URL is configured on this link field.
- When the record is created, the link stays empty and it does not show the URL. However, after the record is saved and is edited, the link becomes visible now.
- Metadata Framework (MDF)
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to test employee.
- Navigate to desired custom portlet.
- Edit the custom portlet.
- Click Details on the empty record and try to create a new record.
- Detail Screen shows link fields is empty though URL is configured on this link field via Manage Configuration UI Tool.
- Fill out and select all required picklists and click Submit.
- If workflows are involved, workflow may get triggered where you may have to approve the workflow.
- After workflow is approved, go back to the portlet and select the record you had just created by clicking edit.
- Come back and edit the FWA record, you can see the link which was not visible while creating the record initially.
This scenario is an expected behavior where in the link is not visible when creating the record. It will be visible when it is already created.
MDF Portlet Link URL Link Custom Portlet Save Link Field , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-UI , UI Config, Layout & Rules , Product Enhancement