- Widgets are planned to be removed in an upcoming release. Although no exact date is set, it's likely end of 2017. Active communications are sent to take steps on preserving and moving the content now.
- To determine impact, it would be on a per-wiki basis. Any wiki impacted will have the warning message displayed when the wiki is opened.
We have a group administrator report that a company admin can run. The report identifies all current group admins and you can quickly send them emails or notify them via SAP Jam.
The changes recommended are:
1. Remove the widgets from the wiki
2. Remove the wiki altogether if no longer needed
3. Manually convert the widgets into simple/static text, images, or hyperlinks.
4. Manually move wiki content into a group overview page where widgets are supported
5. See Jam release notes under "Feature Deprecation".
In the upcoming release b1708(Aug. 5, 2017 for Preview and Sept. 9, 2017 for Production systems), we are planning to offer an automated tool that helps a group administrator convert a wiki page into an overview page quickly and easily.
JAM Widgets Wiki Deprecation Release , KBA , LOD-SF-JAM-ADM , Administrator Request , Problem