You are creating a Journal Entry Voucher for Cash and when clicking on Save, system shows the error Amount XYZ too high; only ABC open for cash location DEF.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to General Ledger work center
- Go to Journal Entries View.
- Go to Journal Entry Vouchers Sub-View.
- Click on New > Journal Entry Voucher.
- Select the Journal Entry Type as 00083 - Manual Entry for Cash.
- Select the Screen Variant as 636 - Manual Write-Up/Write Down for Cash.
- Add a Debit amount for the respective G/L Account and link it to the Bank Account.
- Complete the necessary details.
- Click on Post button.
- System displays the error Amount XYZ too high; only ABC open for cash location DEF.
The amount being posted as Debit for the respective G/L Account would make the G/L Account Balance positive.
System doesn't allow the G/L Account Balance going from negative to positive in a single transaction.
You can check the G/L Account Balance in the following report:
- Go to General Ledger Work Center.
- Go to Reports View.
- Search and open the report Cash - Trial Balance.
- Complete the parameters as per respective Company, Set of Books, Accounting Period, G/L Account, Bank and Bank Account.
- Report shows the Total Balance of respective G/L Account for that Bank Account.
The Journal Entry Voucher you are trying to create would make the balance positive and that is why the error is triggered.
To post the full amount, it's necessary to perform 2 steps:
- Create a Journal Entry Voucher with the amount you have open for respective G/L Account for the Bank Account in the oposite sign. This procedure will make the total balance as zero.
- Create a new Journal Entry Voucher with the remaining amount.
KBA , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , How To