- You can upload documents for the following additional templates - Job History, Person Relationship, Consolidated Dependents, Emergency Contact, Compound Effective Dated entities, Biographical Information, Personal Information and National ID Information.
- You can attach documents in the .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt, .htm, .ppt, .pptx, .xls, .xlsx, .gif, .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .html, .rtf, .bmp, and .msg file formats.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central - Employee Data Import
- Go to the Admin Center.
- In the Tools Search field, type Import Employee Data.
- If you haven’t already downloaded the import template, select the required template from the Download dropdown .importFileName=JobInfoImportTemplate_ALUPT3W2.csv
For this example, let’s choose Job History.
In the <attachment-id> field, specify the name of the document you’d want to attach. Note that only one document can be uploaded for each record.
NOTE: For the <attachment-id> field to appear in the Emergency Contact template, you need to select the Enable CSF support for Address in Emergency Contact and Personal Relationships Imports option from the Admin CenterCompany System and Logo Settings. Additionally, the visibility for the <attachment-id> field must be set to Yes in the Succession Data Model.
- Create a new file in a Notepad (or any Text Editor program) > import.properties(the file extension is .properties).
- In the import.properies file, the value for importFileName should be the name of the CSV file to be imported.
For this example, the name of the CSV import file is JobInfoImportTemplate_”YourCompanyName”.csv. The text file should be importFileName=JobInfoImportTemplate_"YourCompanyName".csv
- Compress the CSV file, documents mentioned in the CSV file, and the import.properties file into a new zip file.
Note: Zip the files together instead of zipping the folder. To verify that the zip file is correct, you should see the files once you opened the zip file.
In this example, let's add JobInfoImportTemplate_YourCompanyName.csv, mhoff_visa.pdf, and import.properties to the new zip file.
- Click Browse and specify the path to the zipped file.
- Click Validate Import File Data to check the file for errors. If you encounter errors, fix the errors and then validate again.
- Once the file passes the validation checks, click Import to upload the file.
To attach documents with other templates, repeat the above-mentioned steps. On the Employment Information page, under the Job Information section, you can view the uploaded attachment mhoff_visa.pdf.
zipped import zip file , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-EDP , Employee Data Imports , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To