- Failed to connect to system;
If you try to connect to a HANA database directly to verify connectivity (for example, https://yourHANAserver.yourdomain.com:43XX/sap/bc/ina/service/v2/GetServerInfo) you get the errors:
- Not secure
- Your connection is not private
- Attackers might be trying to steal your information from yourhanaserver.yourdomain.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).
Other errors captured in Chrome Developer tools may include:
- SAP Analytics Cloud
- HANA database
Browser security requirements need to be configured properly to allow certificates, pop-up windows and cookies from SAP Analytics Cloud.
Verify your connectivity to both systems:
SAP Analytics Cloud: verify that your client computer can connect directly to your tenant. Even if you plan to configure Reverse Proxy, it is a good idea to test first with a client computer that can connect directly.
HANA: your Chrome client should have direct access to HANA as it will be sending the queries directly and authenticate. Same recommendation about your Reverse Proxy applies for HANA.
You must verify that you can access directly this URL using Chrome:
yourHANAserver is the HANA server name that you plan to connect to.
yourdomain.com: part of the FQDN for the HANA server. It is important as the certificate is issued usually to the FQDN.
43XX: default HTTPS ports for HANA's web dispatcher. Your server may be 4300. If your server doesn't respond to the HTTPS port, verify that you completed the SSL configuration correctly as indicated in KBA 2502174.
Security settings: certificates
This is the most common configuration error. The certificate installed in HANA is not trusted in the Chrome browser. It has been signed by an internal certificate authority that is not trusted.
- You can verify the certificate if you open the Developer Tools in Chrome: Menu >> More Tools >> Developer Tools (Windows: F12, Ctrl + Shift + I Mac OS: Cmd + Opt + I).
- Once Chrome Developer Tools is opened, click the Security tab.
- Click the View certificate button, and observe that the Certificate / certification authority (CA) is not trusted:
- Install the CA Root certificate authority that signed the certificate by following the below steps:
Download Root certificate
- Browse to https://<certification authority host>/ip/certsrv
- Click "Download a CA Certificate, Certificate Chain, or CRL"
- Click "Download CA Certificate"
Load Root Certificate into your Windows browser machine
- Open the Certificates snap-in for a user, computer, or service (run certlm.msc).
- In the console tree, click the ""Trusted Root Certification Authorities" Store.
- From the "Action" menu select "All Tasks > Import..." to start the Certificate Import Wizard.
- Select "Local Machine" Store Location and click "Next >.
- Type the file name containing the certificate to be imported. (You can also click Browse and navigate to the file).
- Click "Next >".
- Select "Place all certificates in the following store".
- Trusted Root Certification Authorities.
For further details consult with the IT adminstrator who signed the certificate to install it in your computer.
- 2502174 - HANA Basic How-To Series - Securing HANA XS classic via SSL / HTTPS - using Web Dispatcher Administration and pse container
- Live Data Connection to SAP HANA Using a Direct Connection with Password Authentication
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > SAP HANA
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning,Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, conectando, conexão, modelo, SBOC, SAC, popup, popups, pop-up , KBA , analytic model creation, url showing not , not secure , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , Problem