You have created a new Change Project and are trying to send a test email through the activity E-mail and Fax Settings, but you are receiving the following errors:
You can not access this activity due to one of the following reasons
1. You have decided to run your change project without a test system.
2. You have requested a runtime system, but the system is not yet available.
What you can do:
1. Close this activity to continue your change project without test system. The activity will be automatically reopened after the merge and must be completed in your production system.
2. To request a test system , go to the Implementation Projects view in the Business Configuration work center. Select your project, click Actions and Request System.
Note: This applies to all activities that have to be repeated (see the Repetition Required column)
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center and access the view Implementation Projects;
- Select your new change project and click on Open Activity List;
- In the Fine-Tuning phase, search for the activity E-mail and Fax Settings;
- Open the activity and click on the option "Send Test E-mail";
- See the error messages.
The activity E-mail and Fax Settings -> Send Test Email is not a configuration element, but a test activity and it cannot be performed unless the changes in the change project are merged with production.
You can only use this activity after the changes in the scoping/fine-tuning are merged.
You have to close the change project in order to be able to use this activity.
KBA , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , How To