Scheduled project invoice request is not created.
Reproducing the Issue
Every night a regular job runs automatically. The job automatically creates project invoice requests on the next day. When the invoice date is reached, an invoice run processes the invoices based on the invoice requests.
If there is a open scheduled Project Invoice Request exist at that moment all the time and expense are locked by the same invoice request hence the system will not allow you to create another Scheduled Project Invoice Request.
Scheduled Project Invoice Request will be failed and system will create the task.
Follow the below steps to see the task.
- Go to Customer Invoicing Work Center.
- Choose the Work View.
- Choose the relavant task associated to sales order.
- Choose the Edit button.
- Go to Results tab here you can see the error Invoice request creation failed; open invoice request already exists.
To create another scheduled project invoice request first releases or cancel the open project invoice request then create new project invoice request.
If you wish to create the project invoice request for the past date or for the date which the job is failed we have an option you can create the forced invoice schedule.
Follow below steps to create a forced schedule invoice request for the past date
- Go to Project Management Work Center.
- Choose Projects view.
- Choose the Project XYZ.
- Choose icon next to project and choose the Create Scheduled Project Invoice Request.
KBA , AP-PAY , Payment Processing , How To