What is it?
Admin can now configure an additional User identifier to be displayed in braces for the User Type-Ahead search results in case of the Peer Recommendation pop-up launched from Collection, Catalog 3.0, Catalog Browse and User Search on the Instructor's My Classes page.
Note: Once the User is selected, the ID will not be displayed in the selected list.
Why is it important?
Enables Users to identify and select the intended user when there are multiple with the same name.
Learning Management System
Enhancement - LRN-16921
Organization Description and email address. System Admin > Configuration > System Configuration > Search > Additional Identifier in User Type Ahead Search
The choice is between – Blank, Person External ID, email Address and Organization
Please note that this behaviour will be seen only if you have Catalog 3 enabled.
Please follow the steps below to enable Catalog search 3
1. Login as an admin
2. Navigate to System Admin > Configuration > System Configuration > CATALOG
3. Look for configuration and set it to true - catalogSearch3Enabled=true
For users to recommend, they should have the below required workflows to Recommend
1. Recommend to Peer
2. Access Recommendations Tile
3. Access Personalized Recommendations
Scenarios where you can see this feature:
1. Recommending Collections
- From the User homepage, navigate to Collections link
- Choose the collection you want to Recommend
- Click on the options icon (3 vertical dots) and select Recommend
- Now when you search for a user, you should be able to see the suggested values and the entity configured in the search configuration. (Below you should see the email address currently configured)
2. Recommending Items from Catalog 3 homepage.
- This will be applicable only when you Recommend items from the catalog search homepage.
- Note: If you navigate to the item details page and then Recommend, this feature will not work. (Currently this feature is in Beta, future releases should enable this feature across the application)
3. Searching for users from Instructor home page
- When an Instructor searches for users to add to a Scheduled Offering, they should be able to entity ID displayed.
LRN-16921, type-ahead, Enhancement, Identifier, Recommendation , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CAT , LMS Catalog , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , Product Enhancement