- Linked analysis within the charts (Bar charts, Numeric point chart) during drill down and drill up are not giving expected results.
- After defining filter and drilling down a time dimension and then drill up the values are not correct in the Story.
- The issue is reproducible only when adding or removing a filter of a time dimension, when only drilling up or drilling down works properly.
- Filter + drill down + drill up results in seemingly inconsistent data in driver vs. other charts.
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2017.9.3
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a story with Time dimension.
- Create a story filter on Time dimension (in the form of date range)
- Create a bar chart with KPI displayed across Time dimension (highest level being year).
- Filtered chart to see data for a year (say 2016).
- Drill down to quarter level.
- Drill up to year level.(data will be displayed for year 2016).
This is the expected behavior, as after drilling up, the time data in other charts is unfiltered because the story filter is set to All.
This behaviour is by design, as non-exclude chart filters will always replace story filters on the same dimension.
- Help resources
- Help portal
- SAP community network ( Questions & Answers / Direct Link to Create Question / Blogs )
- SAP community wiki
- Ideaplace forum ( for enhancement requests & new features )
- Video tutorials
- Videos by topic areas: ( Overview, What's New, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Predictive, Collaboration, Administration )
- Training events
- Past event recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- Introducing SAP BusinessObjects Cloud: BI and Planning (SAP Press book)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Hana Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, conectando, conexão, modelo, SBOC, SAC , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Problem