- Story range filters become a member filter after filtering on selected data points in a chart in SAP Analytics Cloud (formerly known as SAP BusinessObjects Cloud / BOC).
- Range filter is based on a time dimension.
- When removing the chart filter the static filter (which was previously the range filter) disappears.
- The issue is only related to story filters, page filters work correctly.
- Linked analysis has been enabled for the entire Story.
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2017.9.3
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a bar chart add a measure and select the time dimension for dimensions.
- Apply linked analysis to the Entire story + This Chart.
- Add a Story filter, which is a range filter based on the time dimension.
- Filter selected data points.
- Notice that the filter becomes a member (static) filter.
Story Filter on the Time dimension is being replaced by the Chart Filter on the Time dimension.
- This behaviour is by design, as (in case of Linked Analysis) non-exclude chart filters will always replace story filters on the same dimension.
- In the Chart Designer select the Time dimension and create a Range Filter.
- On the chart, click on the Filter and then move the Range Slider.
- This will create a Linked Analysis Story Filter which is a Range.
- Help resources
- Help portal
- SAP community network ( Questions & Answers / Direct Link to Create Question / Blogs )
- SAP community wiki
- Ideaplace forum ( for enhancement requests & new features )
- Video tutorials
- Videos by topic areas: ( Overview, What's New, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Predictive, Collaboration, Administration )
- Training events
- Past event recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- Introducing SAP BusinessObjects Cloud: BI and Planning (SAP Press book)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Hana Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, conectando, conexão, modelo, SBOC, SAC , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predicitive , Problem