Your requirement is to upload the image to the Employee Profile. But you are not able to upload some image formats in HTML5 or Silverlight clients.
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to the HTML5 client
- Go to Administrator workcenter
- Go to Users view
- Go to Employees subview
- Show Active Employees
- Choose any Employee XYZ
- Select Edit
- In the Employee Image section, select the button Image->Add
- Browse and Upload the image
- Select Save and Close
- Refresh the screen
- Select the Employee XYZ
- At the bottom, in the Details of the Employee, the Employee Image is not available
- We see the message:
This image format is not supported by Silverlight.
Some image formats are not supported for upload in HTML5 and Silverlight clients.
Further, some of the images uploaded in HTML5 are not visible in Silverlight client. This is the system behaviour.
Image formats supported in HTML5 are .jpg , .png , .bmp, .jpeg, .gif
Image formats which not supported in HTML5 are .exif , .jfif
With Silverlight limitation, the Image formats supported in Silverlight client are .jpg , .jpeg and .png only.
KBA , AP-SVO , Service Order Processing , How To