When you are setting the ticket status to completed, you are receiving the error 'Send a reply to the requester before setting ticket ABC to status Completed'.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Service work center.
- Go to the Tickets view.
- Open the ticket ABC(ABC represents the ticket ID).
- Select the option Completed from the Status drop-down.
Error message "Send a reply to the requester before setting ticket ABC to status Completed." appears and you cannot complete the ticket.
The SLA with the milestone ‘Due date for Completion’ is not maintained or not activated in your system.
- Go to the Administrator work center.
- Go to the Service and Social view.
- Under SLA Setup, choose the Service Levels link.
- Choose New -> Service Level.
- Navigate to the Reaction Times tab.
- Choose the Add Row button, and select 'Due Date for Completion' from the Milestone drop-down field.
- Maintain the milestone information as per your company requirement and Activate.
NOTE: This SLA will be active only for those tickets created after the creation of the SLA and not the older ones.
KBA , ticket , sla , response , service level , AP-SVO , Service Order Processing , How To