- Crystal Reports shuts down.
- Crystal Reports designer suddenly disappears.
- When clicking on an existing connection, the application close with no error message.
- In the "Database Expert", when selecting an existing ODBC connection to HANA under "My Connections", Crystal Reports crash.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP HANA 1.0
Reproducing the Issue
- Install the SAP HANA Client 1.0
- In Microsoft ODBC Administrator, create an ODBC DSN to HANA
- In Crystal Reports, create a new report off an ODBC connection to HANA
- Save the report.
- Still in Crystal Reports, create a new report, and in the Database Expert, under "My Connections", select the previously used ODBC HANA conection.
Crystal Reports then close automatically with no error message.
- Conflict between the HANA Client 1.0 ODBC driver, and Crystal Reports 2016 with Support Pack 03 and below causes Crystal Reports to crash.
- To be able to successfully re-use the HANA connection in Crystal Reports, use one of the following solution:
- Download and install the SAP HANA Client 2.0; or
- Apply Support Pack 04 or higher to Crystal Reports 2016, and still use the SAP HANA Client 1.0; or
- Use a JDBC connection to HANA, instead of an ODBC connection.
CR Crash, CR, HANA, Crashes, dumps, fehler, austiegen, crystal reports 2016, Sp3 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2016