You have Convert to Account and Convert to Contact options for Leads in fine-tuning and you would like to know under which conditions these are shown under the Actions button within the Leads UI.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work centre.
- Select the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the respective project.
- Click the Open Activity List button.
- Select the Fine-Tune facet.
- Search and open the Leads activity.
- Click the Maintain Status hyperlink.
- In the new opened window you see that there are the options Convert to Account and Convert to Contact and you would like to know under which conditions these are shown under the Actions button within the Leads UI.
This is the expected system behaviour.
Convert to Account will show up if you have a lead with inactive account but active contact.
This can occur in case that contact is not mandatory. User enters company name and address without any contact details. So during conversion only convert account is relevant . This action will show up instead of regular Convert to account & contact action.
Convert to Contact will show up if you have a lead with active account but inactive contact.
This can occur only in cases of Hybris marketing integration scenario. User can pass two leads with the same inactive account but different inactive contacts. During conversion of first lead in C4C, the account is replaced for both leads. So second lead will end up with active account but inactive contact. At this point, you can see the Convert to Contact action.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To