The error message Creating data not possible; creation disabled is displayed when replicating Sales Orders from ERP to C4C.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Application and User Management Work Center
- Select view Web Service Message Monitoring
- There are failed messages with the error mentioned.
This error may have different causes.
One of the causes could be that you are using an Item Type of type Text Item in your payload.
The item type corresponds to tag <ProcessingTypeCode> under section <Item> in payload.
You can check the Item Types in fine-tuning activity Sales Orders
- Go to Business Configuration and select Overview
- Search for activity Sales Order and open it
- Select Maintain Item Types
- Find the relevant item type
- In column Base Item Type check if the entry is of type Text - Order Item
Adjust the Item Type to Product Item.
If the item shall be a text item, then all product, schedule lines and price data should be removed from payload.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To