When we query the succesfactors system using SFOData.PerPersonal API along with employee information,dependent information also gets returned.
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to Successfactors system
- Admin Center --> Integration Center
- Create a simple CSV file output integration and choose PerPersonal as the starting entity or one of the navigation entity
- Now in the configure fields tab while viewing the data we can see certain records with the format "x_dy" where X represents PersonIDExternal for the employee and y is a mere number
For Example: A dependent for employee with PersonIDExternal=2 might have a dependent with PersonIDExternal = 2_d775
This is because PerPersonal entity by default fetches the entire data of employees+dependents from the underlying table.
To fetch/obtain only employee records in the query result please use the following filter: UserID is not equal to Null.
Logic behind this filter is as follows: A dependent will not have employment information filled in and thus using the foreignkey relation, we are validating the result set by the following condition "get me those records for which the employment information exists"
Navigation from PerPersonal:
- How to avoid dependents information in PerPersonal entity
- Users not searchable in Successfactors which are returned by PerPersonal entity