- When changing approvers for a workflow that is using the additional manager role, it can be observed that there is no employee name shown and simply shows "additional manager" as the approver.
- When doing an adhoc report against workflow data, you will see that the employee name/id is blank for the additional manager step.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the "Manage workflow request" tool
- Open a pending workflow that has a "additional manager" role in one of the steps.
- Opt to do a take action "change approver" of the additional manager step and notice that it simpy shows" additional manager" as the step approver name and not the actual name of employee.
- "Additional manager" role is defined as a catch all "other manager" role and this role currently does not store employee name data.
- So it is by design currrently that it will simply show the role name and not the employee name.
- This is also why creating reports against worfklows on the additional manager step; that you will see blank (null) values for the employee id column.
- Do note that when you choose to do a "view workflow participants" within the workflow, that it does show the employee name there. but this is because the workflow UI has its own logic to look up and pull the name during the click of "view workflow participants.
As this is currently defined as by design, the only option would be to use another role (direct manager, hr manager) is employee names are needed.
Jira ECT-72914, manager, workflow , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-WFL , Workflow & Trigger (Rules & XML) , Problem