You are unable to perform Manual Posting - Acquisition due to the error Asset XYZ val.view XXX: Acquisition cost negative.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Fixed Assets work center, and choose the Fixed Assets view.
- Select Manual Posting and Acquisition.
- Fill all the selection criteria along with ( Relating to as 1 - Current Year ; Debit/Credit - Credit )
- Click on Post.
Asset XYZ val.view XXX: Acquisition cost negative.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Implementation Projects view.
- Select the project and Open activity list.
- Open activity Fixed Assets Valuation View.
- Select the relevant Valuation Views and check the Details tab.
- Value Range for Aquisition Cost is marked as Only Positive Values Permitted.
This setting allows only positive value postings.
If the setting is changed to Complete value range permitted.
As a rule, to allow negative postings or credit posting to the affected fixed asset, system will check these things.
- If the initial acquisitions are done in the last year, then in the Manual Posting - Acquisition ( Relating To - 2 - Previous Years ; Debit/Credit - Credit, is allowed )
- If the initial acquisitions are done in the current year, then in the Manual Posting - Acquisition ( Relating To - 1 - Current Year ; Debit/Credit - Credit is allowed )
KBA , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , How To