Your requirement is to migrate the Business Partner Relationships, but the Validation shows 1% progress for a long time and does not process further.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Select Implementation Projects view or Overview
- Search and Open the activity Migration of Business Partner
- Select Migrate business partner relationships using the migration tool
- Upload the Migration File
- Execute Migration for the respective Migration File with Migration Mode Add new records
- Validation is still in progress and stuck at 1%
The locking issue may be due to the Add-on/ PDI solution that either on Modify or on Save, accesses the Customer data and requires locking the instances of Customers involved in the relationship. Therefore, you get some lock entries per relationship on the lock server.
For the relationship instance, the Customers involved and internal entries are required to prevent duplicates. This can lead to an overflow on the lock server and therefore, an issue.
Further, if you process/ create relationships that involve the same Customer in different sessions, locking problems can occur.
If the issue is due to the Add-on/ PDI solution, you may seek assistance from your Implementation Partner who developed the Add-on/ PDI solution. Otherwise, report an incident to SAP for further analysis.
Business Partner Relationships, Migration of Business Partner, Business Partner, Validation stuck at 1% , KBA , business partner relationships , migration of business partner , validation stuck at 1% , business partner , SRD-MD-BP , Business Partner , How To