Some users cannot be found in search box "Search for actions or people" whereas others can. This applies to other search fields like "View User Permission".
Reproducing the Issue
Enter one of the following search criteria in "Search for actions or people":
- User ID
- Last Name
Or else enter the Username in:
- Admin Center
- Set User Permissions
- View User Permission
Either way the user(s) will not be found.
Two possible causes:
- the users have status "inactive"
- the users are outside the target population of the logged in user
Change the status from "inactive" to "active".
This can be done either from Admin Center -> Manage Users or, alternatively you can change the status in the User File as follows:
- Go to Admin Center -> Update User Information -> Employee Export and click on Export User File
- Save the resulting file locally and change the status of the affected user(s), then save again
- Go to Admin Center -> Update User Information -> Import Employee Data and upload the up-to-date User File, then click on Import
- Log out and log in again, the users should now be searchable
If the users were active already then the issue will most likely be that they are outside the target population of the logged in user. This can be checked as follows:
- Go to Admin Center -> User Role Search
- In Access Users enter the username of the logged in user
- In Permission Category select "General User Permission"
- In Permission select "User Search"
- In Target User enter the usernames of the affected users one at a time
This will tell you whether the logged in user has the permission to search for the affected users and also what role includes the permission.
Manage Users, Employee Export, Export Users, Import Employee Data, Basic Import, status, active, inactive, Admin Center , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-ADM , Admin , Problem