Some users cannot be found in search box "People Search" whereas others can.
I am able to search users in People Profile Search but cannot search the same users in "people search" or "action search".
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Enter one of the following search criteria in "People Search"
- First Name
- Last Name
- Middle Name
Reference KBA for 2385804 - Supported Fields for People Search
- User(s) are not returned as apart of the search results
Two possible causes:
- The users have status "inactive"
- The users are outside the target population of the logged in user
If Employee Cental is enabled their are additional causes of People search not returning desired results.
- Employment details are invalid employee has a future hire date.
- Is Name Format enabled? Maybe caused by incorrect configuration.
Intianl Check for user search issues:
- Inactive User: You can set the user to active or if required result is to be able to search inactive users reference 2566641 - How to enable search inactive users in the Global Header / Configuring People Search to Allow Searching by Additional Keywords
- User Already Active:If the users were active already then the issue will most likely be that they are outside the target population of the logged in user.
- Check Target Population of user search RBP permission – Is target population set to everyone ? Check if the login user has permission to access the target user using User role search (Target user is the user you want to search out by the access user) use the right Permission Category and Permission label.
Additional checks if EC is enabled :
• Check employment data of the effect users. Future dated hires cannot be found in People Search, only in the People Profile search is permissioned for more details on People Profile search reference - 2080028 Unable to see Future Dated New Hires in Employee Central.
- To check the employment information navigate to Employee Profile of the effected user and navigate to Employment Information if the start date is is in the future it is expected that the user will not be searchable in People search.
- If Employee Central is enabled you can now use the Check Tool to see if there are any database issues reference image below and SAP Help Guide Check Tool in Employee Central
Note: If issue is with future hire date has based and you are still unable to search that user proceed to open a chat or a incident to request re-indexing under component LOD-SF-PLT-SCR
Manage Users, Employee Export, Export Users, Import Employee Data, Basic Import, status, active, inactive, Admin Center, Success Factors, EmployeeCentral, SOLR Search, unable to search user, find, username, useriderson, people search, action search, inactive, personid , Action search , People search , action search , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-SCR , SF Platform Software Change Request , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , Problem