You are creating Supplier Contract via Web Service and the Product Description is not pulled automatically from the Mater Data. Product Description has to be added manually.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Sourcing and Contracting work center
- Go to Contracts view
- Show All Contracts
- Find XYZ (XYZ represents the Contract ID of the relevant contract)
- Select Edit
- Go to Items tab
The Product Description field is empty
The Material Description of the corresponding Material is not maintained in the User Log-On language in the Material Master Data.
When creating a Supplier Contract via Web Service, the system will only pull the Product Description if the Material Description is maintained for the Log-On language in the Material Master Data of the Material.
You need to add the Product Description for the required languages in the Master Data of the Material.
This can be done as follows:
- Go to Product Portfolio work center
- Go to Products / By Materials view
- Show All Materials
- Find Material ABC (ABC refers to the Material corresponding to the Contract)
- Select Edit
- Select View All
- Go to General / Other Languages tab
- Select Add Row
- In the Language field click on the arrow to open the drop down menu
- Select the required language
- In the Material Description Field add the Material Description
- Click Save
KBA , AP-PCP , Purchasing Contract Processing , How To