How to Manage Unsent Email Notifications?
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
- Beginning in release b1705, Admins are now able to delete unsent emails;
- This allows for emails that have not yet been sent (but have been triggered) by the LMS to be purged prior to being sent to users.
This is a new feature implemented in release b1705 in the Learning Management System (LMS) to provide LMS Admins with more control over notifications.
- Manage unsent email notifications allows Learning Admins to Remove/Delete unsent emails;
- Admins can disable email in the Global Variables > Mail configuration settings, generate emails, then purge them prior to re-enabling mail.
Manage Unsent Email Functionality:
- Using Manage Unsent Emails, you can view the amount of your unsent email notifications, the time frame that the email notifications were generated, and delete unsent email notifications;
- Unsent email notifications are emails that have been generated but not yet delivered to the SMTP server;
- Deleting unsent email creates a background job that runs immediately as long as the job to send email is not running;
- The email audit report, which represents all notifications that the system generated, still contains deleted unsent email so the audit trail remains.
- Sent email is only stored if archiving is ON;
- If Email Archiving is not enabled, email is not queued in the PA_MAIL table and therefore there are no emails to be purged;
- Email archiving can be enabled under System Admin > Configuration > Global Variables > Mail tab > Check "".
- Email must not be enabled in the system, otherwise it may be sent quicker than it can be purged, once it's sent, it cannot be deleted;
- Email cannot be purged if it is in the process of being sent (email send job is already running when email is disabled, previously queued email will be sent);
- Admin Role must have the manage unsent email Workflow assigned to it (See KBA 2492837 if more detail is needed).
How to Use Manage Unsent Emails:
- Navigate to System Admin > Tools > Manage Unsent Emails;
- Click the Delete Unsent Emails button to delete all unsent email notifications. The Delete Unsent Emails button is only enabled when the unsent email notifications count is greater than zero;
- You receive the warning: "You are about to delete all unsent emails. These emails will be permanently deleted. Do you want to continue and delete all unsent emails?";
- Decide if you want to delete all unsent email notifications:
- Click Yes to delete all unsent email notifications;
- Click No to cancel the deletion.
- Unsent emails that are deleted are never sent to the email recipient(s) and are permanently removed from the system;
- Once unsent email messages are deleted, they cannot be recovered;
- If the emails are not shown as unsent (as when there are 0 Unsent Emails) it is not possible to recall or retrieve them.
2492837 - Admin Unable to Delete Unsent Emails
Purge Emails from PA_MAIL Managing Unsent Email Notification Admin delete remove queue mail send , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-NOT , Notifications , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , How To