After activating some features in EC, the required object definitions are not available to continue implementing the feature completely.
Example: Global Assignment option is enabled in provisioning, but the object definition GlobalAssignmentConfiguration is not available under admin centre > configure object definition.
Employee Central - Object Definitions
Reproducing the Issue
Enable any feature which requires feature specific object definitions to be created.
After activating, leave some 10-15 minutes > login to system and goto admin centre> configure object deifnitions > search for the object definition associated with the enabled feature > the object is not available.
- The object definition is created but is inactive.
- The MDF object definition to DB sync job has failed to create the object definition.
- The object definition is created but is inactive- search for inactives and then enable it or make it as visible.
- The MDF object definition to DB sync job has failed to create the object definition- goto provisioning > run the job MDF Object Definition to DB sync > login after 10-15 minutes and you should be able to see the object created now.
- Initialise the object
1. Navigate to Configure Object Defineiton and select an Object
2. In the URL add the Oject ID to the end of the URL for example:
You can add the id of any missing MDF Object for example; TimeType, PaymentInformationV3, BusinessUnit
3. Once the Object loads and you can see it, make sure the object is active and using "Take Action: Make Correction" make a small change, such as adding a description or changing the label and save the object.
4. Run the MDF Object Definition to DB sync job from Provisioning as described above.
If you still dont see the object then raise an incident with SAP support.
2511328 - Application Error Editing Biographical Info and/or Adding Concurrent Employment
Object definition missing, Global assignment object missing, MDF sync, MDF Object Definition to DB sync, object deffintion, missing , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-MDF , MDF & EC2MDF Migration , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , Problem