What is Check Tool?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
What is the Check Tool?
Sometimes, you might find that your system doesn’t work as you expect. There can be different reasons for this, such as:
- Some data is inconsistent.
- The system is not configured correctly.
With the check tool, you can identify what's wrong, rather than simply creating a ticket. The check tool:
- Finds out what is wrong and how bad the problem is.
- Suggests a solution.
Check Tool is now a Suite tool. Prior to 1802 this tool was only available for Employee Central, but post 1802 release this tool is available for more modules/applications.
Please refer to the Using the Check Tool Handbook for more information on the tool and the applications it currently provides checks for.
You need to have Metadata Framework (MDF) enabled so you can use the Check Tool. In case you do not have enabled yet, please engage with your implementation partner or SAP Support to check your instance back-end.
The required features are:
- Enable Generic Objects
- Enable the Attachment Manager
How to enable the Check Tool?
If you met above prerequisites, all you need to do is grant permission to the tool. Please follow these steps -:
- Navigate to Admin Center > Manage Permission Roles
- Select the role you wish to grant this permission (note - this is a tool for Super Admins only)
- Click the "Permissions..." button and then navigate to the very bottom of the left panel and select Check Tool
- Tick the "Access Check Tool" option in the right panel (you should ideally grant the "Allow Configuration Export" option too as it will help export the configuration should you need to open a Support Incident).
- Click Done
- Click Save Changes
Please refer to the Check Tool Handbook for any further information.
2438812 - Check Tool: How to use Check Tool to identify Orphaned Person IDs from your system
2785629 - Check Tool: How to use Check Tool to check for duplicate usernames
Check Tool, Employee Central , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , LOD-SF-PM , Performance Management , LOD-SF-CMP , Compensation Management , LOD-SF-CDP , Career Development Planning , LOD-SF-VRP , Variable Pay Programs , LOD-SF-CPM , Continuous Performance Management , How To