Starting in ByD 1702 release, it is now required to enter G/L Account information for each item while creating a manual entry of withholding tax.
You then enter a G/L Account and receives the error message Mandatory account assignment for account XYZ is missing: Cost Center, Project Task, which is expected since for the respective G/L Account Determination Group you defined CC - Cost Center and PRO - Project Task as mandatory account assignment types in fine tuning activity Mandatory Account Assignments.
Finally, you try to find the Cost Center and Project Task fields to enter the required data, but the fields are not displayed.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Tax Management work center
- Go to Manual Tax Entries > Withholding Tax Base Amount Entries view
- Click New > Tax Entry, enter the concerned G/L Account which requires Cost Center and Project task account assignments
Notice that Cost Center and Project Task fields are not available in the screen, not even if you go to Personalize menu.
Currently, system does not support Cost Center and Project Task with Withholding Tax Base Amount Entry.
System behaves as expected here.
You have two options:
1) To choose another G/L Account which does not require Cost Center and/or Project Task account assignment
2) Remove the mandatory account assignments for the concerned G/L Account and try again
SAP Community: Release of SAP Business ByDesign 1702
KBA , SRD-FIN-TAX , Tax Management , How To