- Discrepancy in the number of users in a group between People Pool and Active Group Membership.
- BizX Platform
Reproducing the Issue
- Admin Center
- Manage Permission Groups
- Double-click on a group
- People Pool/User Name shows a number of users
- Active Group Membership shows a different number of users
- People Pool shows all the users assigned to a particular group regardless of their status whereas Active Group Membership shows only the active users assigned to the group.
- Therefore some users must be inactive.
- To confirm this you can check the User File available from Admin Center -> Employee Export and check column STATUS of the file.
- For instances which have Employee Central enabled the users' status can also be checked in Admin Center -> Manage Users and conduct a search using the 'Show active users only' checkbox.
Using the User Directory File:
- Go to Admin Center -> Update User Information -> Employee Export and click on Export User File
- Save the resulting file locally and change the status of the affected user(s), then save again
- Go to Admin Center -> Update User Information -> Import Employee Data and upload the up-to-date User File, then click on Import
- Log out and log in again, the users should show now the new status
Or if the instance is non EC-enabled then you can change the status of the user to Active as follows:
- Navigate to Admin Center > Manage Users
- Select an inactive user
- Change status to Active
2475092 - Some users cannot be found in "Search for actions or people"
inactive, People Pool, Active Group Membership, Admin Center , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-USR , User Management , Problem