In the Data Source you will observe that duplicate entries exists for every extension fields you have created in the original solution, after the creation of patch solution.
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to frontend system.
- Business Analytics work center.
- Data Source sub view.
- Open the relevant data source created.
- You will be able to see the two fields with same name.
The duplicate extension fields appears in the data source is because the system is a development tenant and hence PDI extended fields from both original solution as well as patch solution will be shown in the respective data source. This will not be the case in the target tenant (production).
When patch is assembled and downloaded and then uploaded into Production tenant, there won't be any duplicates, because in production tenant there will be only original solution and no patch namespace. Hence, extension fields from original solution only would exists.
Note: This is the same scenario with webservice and Migration Templates/ Mass Data Maintenance Templates.
In this case you can follow either of the below mentioned cases:
1. If you disable the patch and enable the Original solution you will be again see only one field.
2. If you need the patch changes to be applied then you can also download and upload the patch solution to the original solution in the same tenant, which will again shows only one extension field(you should enable the original solution).
3. When you design the report you can decide whichever field you want to display, hence select only one extension field from the namespace which is active.
KBA , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , How To