- User has reminder notices that have already been completed. How do we get rid of the reminder notices?
- Only 50 notifications are showing in the bell icon.
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Log in and you will see the bell icon in the header.
- Click on it to view the notifications.
- See that there are old notifications appearing.
- The number of bell icon notifications can't be empty is due to our current design.
- The notification panel can only listed at most 50 latest notifications and only the new notifications within the 50 latest notification can be set as viewed by customer.
- The number of new notifications will be appear in the notification bell icon.
- This design could cause the bell icon number always show numbers due to some notifications which were pending and have now been replaced in the notification pop up panel a more recent notification.
- As the maximum number of notifications that appear in the notification pop up panel is 50 it is impossible to see or complete the pending notification.
- We have a weekly recurring notification purge job which’ll remove 180 days old notifications automatically.
- The job removes 2,000 notifications per week.
- If the number of notifications of your instance is greater than 2,000, it is expected that you continue seeing some old notifications in the bell icon.
- You can change this number number of purged notifications to upto 10,000 notifications being clean per week, please contact your Partner or Customer Support to request this change.
- If the number is much bigger than 10,000, please contact your Partner or Customer Support requesting the execution of this job more frequently to clear the queue faster.
**For Partner or Support use only**
The job can be setup as a scheduled job from Provisioning
Job Type is "Notification Purge"
Generally setup to run once a week with a setting of 2000 notifications to be purged - but this can be increased up to 10,000 notifications to be purged on each run.
Notifications, Bell Icon, Notification Purge, , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-NOT , Email Notifications , Problem