Employee name is not shown in workflow request when using customer string as type=worker.
Employee Central: Workflow
Reproducing the Issue
- Configure a custom field in Job information with type-worker.
- When permission is given, the field is displayed correctly in the UI with the user's First name and Last name.
- Configure a workflow involving this field.
- Make changed in Job Information to trigger the workflow.
- Notice that the user's user id is displayed instead of the user's First name and Last name.
This is an enhancement request ECT-35645. The engineering team has not yet provided any fix version for this, though they are trying to implement it in b1708. Once this is implemented, it'll be included in the respective release notes.
You may contact you CSM to know about this enhancement status. If don't have a CSM, please call up our hotline number to know current status of the enhancement.
ECT-35645 user_id name , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-WFL , Workflow & Trigger (Rules & XML) , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , Product Enhancement