The columns in an SAP SuccessFactors (SFSF) template query is automatically mapped to unexpected dimensions in an existing model of SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC).
- SAP Analytics Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Log on to SAC tenant.
- Go to Create > Model to create a new model from scratch with dimensions required by Headcount template query in SAP SuccessFactors.
[USER], [COUNTRY], [COMPANY], [FULLTIME], [FUTURELEADER], [ISSHIFT], [POTENTIAL], [PERFORMANCE], [MARRIED], [REASONFORLEAVING],[DATEOFBIRTH],[TERMINATIONDATE]
- Go to Models -> Browse and then select the model.
- Select Import Data From SAP SuccessFactors.
- Select one existing connection or create a new connection to SuccessFactors per article 2339542.
- Create a new query to Headcount template query by using Start from a Template Query option to ensure that the following columns are at least selected:
[User ID], [Country], [Company], [Is Fulltime Employee], [Future Leader], [Is Shift Employee], [Potential], [Performance], [Married], [Reason for Leaving], [Date of Birth], [Termination Date]
- Check the mapping result in the Data View.
=> Observed that some columns are automatically mapped to unexpected dimensions in the model.
=> Column [Is Fulltime Employee] is automatically mapped to dimension [POTENTIAL].
=> Column [Is Shift Employee] is automatically mapped to dimension [PERFORMANCE].
=> Column [Future Leader] is automatically mapped to dimension [PERFORMANCE].
=> Column [Married] is automatically mapped to dimension [REASONFORLEAVING].
It is a limitation. The initial mapping between columns and target dimensions for the import data from various files and datasources is based on the data values in the datasource columns.
The import data workflow can only load data and check if the values in the column match existing dimension members.
This is the default behavior.
To request a new feature or product enhancement, SAP has defined a new process and tool that is now available to customers called Idea Place: https://ideas.sap.com. Idea Place gives customers the ability to log their own Enhancement Requests and work more directly with our Technology and Development group.
SAP is committed to reviewing and responding to the ideas submitted on a regular basis. The ideas with the most votes will receive a higher level of attention for response and consideration. The processes and procedures associated with this site will continue to evolve and enhance over time. Refer to Knowledge Base Article 1515837 for more details.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating facility at the top right-hand corner of this article.
EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, SuccessFactors, SF, SFSF, import, importing, map, mapping, initial, auto, automatically, column, columns, dimension, dimensions, template, Headcount, "Start from a Template Query" , KBA , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Problem