Columns in SuccessFactors template query is automatically mapped to unexpected dimensions in existing model of SAP BusinessObjects Cloud
- SAP BusinessObjects Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Log on to BOC tenant.
- Go to Create > Model to create a new model from scratch with dimensions required by Headcount template query in SuccessFactors.
[USER], [COUNTRY], [COMPANY], [FULLTIME], [FUTURELEADER], [ISSHIFT], [POTENTIAL], [PERFORMANCE], [MARRIED], [REASONFORLEAVING],[DATEOFBIRTH],[TERMINATIONDATE]
- Go to Models -> Browse and then select the model.
- Select Import Data From SuccessFactors.
- Select one existing connection or create a new connection to SuccessFactors per KBA 2339542.
- Create a new query to Headcount template query by using Start from a Template Query option to ensure that the following columns are at least selected:
[User ID], [Country], [Company], [Is Fulltime Employee], [Future Leader], [Is Shift Employee], [Potential], [Performance], [Married], [Reason for Leaving], [Date of Birth], [Termination Date]
- Check mapping result in the Data View.
=> Observed that some columns are automatically mapped to unexpected dimensions in the model.
=> Column [Is Fulltime Employee] is automatically mapped to dimension [POTENTIAL].
=> Column [Is Shift Employee] is automatically mapped to dimension [PERFORMANCE].
=> Column [Future Leader] is automatically mapped to dimension [PERFORMANCE].
=> Column [Married] is automatically mapped to dimension [REASONFORLEAVING].
It is a limitation. In current BOC, initial mapping between columns and target dimensions for the import data from file/sources workflow is based on the data value in the column. It is because import data workflow can only load data and then check if the values in the column match existing dimension members.
This is the default behavior. An enhancement could be requested.
To request a new feature or product enhancement, SAP has defined a new process and tool that is now available to customers called Idea Place: https://ideas.sap.com. Idea Place gives customers the ability to log their own Enhancement Requests and work more directly with our Technology and Development group.
SAP is committed to reviewing and responding to the ideas submitted on a regular basis. The ideas with the most votes will receive a higher level of attention for response and consideration. The processes and procedures associated with this site will continue to evolve and enhance over time. Refer to Knowledge Base Article 1515837 for more details.
- Help portal
- SAP Community network portal ( Questions & Answers / Direct Link to Create Question / Blogs )
- SAP Community WIKI
- Ideaplace forum ( for enhancement requests & new features )
- Watch these videos to help start your journey with SAP BusinessObjects Cloud
- Training videos by topic areas: ( Overview, What's New, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Predictive, Collaboration, Administration )
- Training Events
- Past Event Recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- Introducing SAP BusinessObjects Cloud: BI and Planning (SAP Press book)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating facility at the top right-hand corner of this article.
EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Hana Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, SuccessFactors, SF, SFSF, import, importing, map, mapping, initial, auto, automatically, column, columns, dimension, dimensions, template, Headcount, "Start from a Template Query" , KBA , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , Problem