Admins may notice that the Power Search sometimes may not display as many records as when searching in other parts of the application.
The power search functionality is a full text search that displays records accross all entities (items, scheduled offering, etc...) depending on the keyword used.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Power Search and run a search for a keyword
- Go Learning> Item for instance (as per our example in the screenshots)
- Notice: the number of items found in the Power search is not as important as in the second search
Some records may not be picked up by the search because the Power Search Synchronisation was not run regularly in the instance.
This is an expected behaviour and the LMS Help files mention: "we recommend that you run the Power Search Synchronization automatic process to occur at least once a week to synchronize the records in the database tables (...). If you do not schedule this process, then your full-text search (ie: Power search)results will not return records that should be included for a search; thus, the results of a full-text search become increasingly unreliable over time.
- Go to LMS Admin> System Admin> Automatic Processes> Power Search Synchronization
- Schedule the Automatic Process to run at the frequency you wish
- Run the same searches again, the number of records for the same entities (items, scheduled offerings,...) will match after the synchronisation is completed.
bar; search bar; match; matching; missing; discrepency; discrepencies; return; returned; results; result; discrepancy, discrepancies , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , Admin Tools , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , Problem