You have a P2P integration of employees between C4C and Employee Central. You receive an exception error when uploading employee data from Employee Central.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Data Integration Work Center
- Select Complete Employee Master Data Replication
- Click on button Actions and select Upload Data from Employee Central
- Click on Upload Data
- Select a date under Mass Upload
- Click on ok to upload
- System will display an exception error
This is time out expection and occurs due the volume of data are uploading.
The P2P integration is has limitations concerning the performance since it uses synchronous messages.
This is mentioned in blog post https://blogs.sap.com/2016/11/15/employee -central-integration-with-cloud-for-customer-via-hci/ which talks about the new Employee Central Integration using HCI as middleware instead P2P.
To avoid this exception, please reduce the volume of data or use Integration of Employees with Employee Central Using HCI.
KBA , AP-RC-CEC-A2A , Process Integration A2A , How To