When a user wants to add a learning activity to his development plan searching by competency, he gets this message:
"there is no competency associated with this item"
- SuccessFactors HCM
- Development plan > add learning activity > Search by competency
- Learning Management System > LMS
Such issue can have a number of causes, usually related to configuration:
- invalid XML configuration of the Development PLan XML
- Competencies not mapped to job roles in Bizx
- Competencies not imported in LMS
- Competencies not mapped to items in LMS
- Items with related competencies not available to user's catalog
In this particular case, the issue was due to an incorrect XML configuration:
In this screenshot, we can see the Development plan is configured to only account for competencies included in a particular library, but exclude any competencies associated with roles or forms in Bizx.
But because the competencies included in the library are the same as the competencies associated with a role and the template is configured to exclude those, the application does not bring up any competencies.
But as per the documentation available here, you can only choose to include/exclude competency from one type, not all.
Note: User Assistance Documentation requires user logon in order to access the guides. Please logon to https://help.sap.com to access the Linking Development Goals to Competencies UA Guide.
The customer should remove the competency filter on roles from the Development Plan XML.
- Provisioning > search for the company ID
- Managing Plan Template > Import/Update/Export Development plan Templates
- export the default template
if you do not have access to Provisioning your consultant partner should, and if you do not have a partner please submit a request with LOD-SF-CDP
Successfactors, development plan, competency, competencies, cannot search by, there is no competency associated with this item, learning activity, , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CDP , LMS Career Development Program , LOD-SF-CDP-INT , CDP Integrations, LMS, PM, EC etc. , Problem