You ran a Balance Confirmation for a customer, and when checking the Balances and Documents tab you realize that a Credit Memo has been included. However, when opening the Account Statement PDF you notice that the Document ID of the credit memo you just saw has been replaced by a different ID, an Invoice ID displayed under Invoice Number column.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Receivables work center
- Go to Customers > Balance Confirmation view
- Open the concerned Balance Confirmation ID
- Go to Balances and Documents tab
- Here, notice that a Credit Memo is listed (Credit Memo Document ID is displayed)
- Click Preview > Send Options
- Click over the Template Name (e.g. Account Statement with Due Date List)
- Open the Account Statement PDF
Here, notice that instead of Credit Memo Document ID, the system displays an Invoice ID under Invoice Number column.
However, all the data corresponds to the Credit Memo (e.g. Invoice Date, Original Amount, Due Date, etc.), so the system only switched the Credit Memo ID by the Invoice ID.
The concerned Credit Memo has been created as a follow up of the Invoice, and that is the reason why the system displays the Invoice ID instead of Credit Memo ID (this can be checked in the Document Flow of the Credit Memo).
For Credit Memos created as a follow up of Customer Invoices the system will always show the Invoice ID in the Account Statement PDF.
If the Credit Memo is not created as a follow up of an invoice, then system displays the Credit Memo ID in the Account Statement PDF.
The system behaves as expected.
This logic has been added to Business ByDesign on January/2015 after feedback from several customers.
KBA , SRD-FIN-ACR , Receivables , How To