- Error: 'Failed to process the job application' from career portal.
- ERROR [FBJobApplication] Failed to process the Job application
java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.equalsIgnoreCase(java.lang.String) of a null object returned from com.successfactors.legacy.bean.ScaleBean.getScaleDesc()
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Access the external career site
- Select a job requisition to apply > Select Apply
- Error 'Failed to process the job application' will occur, as below.
This is related to a configuration issue. Check the back end logs to pull the configuration which needs to be corrected.
- Select the job requisition which the candidate applied
- Open the job detail from the instance > select the 'Rating Scale'
- Update the Rating Scale Description, do not leave the field empty > Save
- Once saved, the candidate will now be able to apply
Job Application, Career Portal, error, failed to process job application, cannot apply, null object returned from com.successfactors.legacy.bean.ScaleBean.getScaleDesc() , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-APP , Applicants and Job Applications , How To