Error: 'Failed to process the job application' from career portal
Reproducing the Issue
1. Access the external career site
2. Select a job requisition to apply > Select Apply
3. Error 'Failed to process the job application' will occur, as below.
This is related to a configuration issue. Check the back end logs to pull the configuration which needs to be corrected.
Below is an example log which shows that there is null object from Scale Description:
12:10:58,493 ERROR [FBJobApplication] Failed to process the Job application
java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.equalsIgnoreCase(java.lang.String) of a null object returned from com.successfactors.legacy.bean.ScaleBean.getScaleDesc()
1. Select the job requisition which the candidate applied
2. Open the job detail from the instance > select the 'Rating Scale'
3. Update the Rating Scale Description, do not leave the field empty > Save
4. Once saved, the candidate will now be able to apply
Job Application, Career Portal , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-APP , Applicants and Job Applications , How To