- When trying to change the selection of the query in the "Schedule Status > Edit Query" tab the following error message appears in SAP Analytics Cloud:
"The query selection cannot be changed. Only filters can be added, removed, or changed."
- SAP Analytics Cloud
- Any supported datasource to import data to models such as SAP Universe, SAP BW, etc.
Reproducing the Issue
- Logon to SAP Analytics Cloud.
- Select Main menu > Browse Models.
- Select "View more" on the column datasource in the model.
- In the last updated section select Edit Import Settings.
- Click on Edit Query.
- Open the existing query and try to add a dimension or measure that didn't exist before.
- Notice that the error message appears: The query selection cannot be changed. Only filters can be added, removed, or changed.
- Query filters can be modified, but columns cannot be added, removed, or changed. In the case of SQL databases, freehand SQL queries can't be edited.
- Documented in the section: Updating and Scheduling Models in the Product's documentation.
- You can't add or remove dimensions or measures. However, you can use dimensions as filters in the query.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
model, cannot, modify, change, UNX, import, universe, BW, filters, added, removed, BW Query, Schedule, Schedule Status, Selection Screen, Dimension, SAC, SAPanalytics , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Problem