Your requirement is to modify the Note field in the Header of the Task and the Notes in the Overview facet of the Task using the Migration of Task Activities. While migrating the data, system throws the error during Validation:
Net update with data in tab: General field: Notes is not supported
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Select Implementation Projects view or Overview
- Search and Open the activity Migration of Task Activities
- Select Migrate task activities using the migration tool
- Upload the Migration File
- Execute Migration for the respective Migration File with Migration Mode Modify already existing records
- You receive the error message mentioned in the Validation step
It is not possible to use Migration Mode Modify already existing records to Add/ Edit Notes for existing Tasks.
Further, Mass Data Maintenance cannot be used to upload/ modify the Notes for the existing Tasks.
To upload the new Notes or modify existing Notes of Tasks, use the Migration Mode Replace already existing records and perform the migration.
KBA , net update with data in tab , edit notes , notes is not supported , add notes , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To