Trying to create a Job Requisition from Position Org Chart, an Error Message about the field "Department" appears and the requisition is not created
"Sorry, the requisition cannot be created. Creation of a job requisition for position XXXX failed. Details: Department invalid, with the index 0 "
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Company Info >> Position Org Chart
- Select the Position >> Create the Job Requisition
- Get the above error message.
There are multiple causes for this error:
- The most common: The Department mapped in the Position Management Integration business Rule does not contain any active user. In Recruiting Management module, the fields "department", "division" and "location" have their values automatically based on the values present in the corresponding field on active users in the BizX user database. Therefore, even if the Department is configured in the Position, it must also be linked to any Active user in the User Directory file.
- If the incorrect Default Value is mapped for the department. The default value configured for the department in the position used to create the job requisition is not correct. Different values are configured for department name and department default value, however this should not be the case (they should be configured with the same value).
- In the User Data File, assign a user to the "department" you want to use in the position. This user has to be an Active user. Another possible solution is to change the referred field type from derived/UDF to object/MDF. By doing this, the system will no longer rely on the information present in the UDF when creating new job requisitions. Such adjustment requires Partner / Professional Services engagement and cannot be performed by the Support team.
- Please make the default value correct for the department in all positions you are seeing this issue with. The default value should match the name that is in the UDF file. Please follow the below steps to correct this:
- Please go to Admin Center > Manage Data
- Search for department > select the department
- Click on take action > Make Correction
- Click on the icon near the Department field. This will pull up all translations for the field
- Here you can edit the name to the correct name from UDF File > Click Done > and Save
2081579 - Division, Department, Location considerations - Recruiting
create job requisition from position org chart, error message, department , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-JOB , Job Postings & Requisitions , Problem