You noticed that after the contract expired no new contract was created, eventhough you maintained a renewal rule. No business task was created for the renewal either by the system.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Select the Contacts view.
- Show all contracts and find XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the customer contract).
- Click on Edit.
- Navigate to the General tab.
- Select the the Renewal and Cancellation subtab.
Here you can see, that the renewal rule is maintained.
- Go to the Items tab.
- Select the relevant line item.
Here you can see that, that the line item is already expired since the end date was reached.
- Go to the Application and User Management work center.
- Select the Business Task Management view.
- Show all tasks and enter XYZ the search field (XYZ represents the ID of the customer contract).
No task are found.
The system automatically sends a renewal task before a contract expires. This task is sent based on the time period entered in the Reminder field of the customer contract.
When a new renewal rule is maintained after the contract has expired, the field reminder is not filled and no business task is triggered.
A task of this type is relevant if you work with customer contracts related to services, and require an automatic process to alert responsible employees that a contract is about to expire.
This is the expected system behaviour.
KBA , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , How To