- The following error message appears when connecting to relational databases in SAP Analytics Cloud:
- Unable to connect to <host>:<port>. Ensure that the connection details are correct
- The following errors are visible in the latest catalina.log (Tomcat) logs:
- <timestamp>SEVERE [http-nio-8080-exec-7] com.sap.fpa.logging.CoreLogger.log ERROR_INVALID_CONNECTION_INFO
- <timestamp>SEVERE [http-nio-8080-exec-10] com.sap.fpa.logging.CoreLogger.log The TCP/IP connection to the host <ip>, port <port> has failed. Error: "Connection timed out: no further information. Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall."
- SAP Cloud 2017.08
Reproducing the Issue
- Configure Data Connection to an SQL Database.
- Create a new import data connection to SQL Database.
- Notice the error.
- Connection details are incorrect.
- Database is not running.
- IP and port are blocked by a firewall.
- Enter correct connection details.
- Make sure that the database is up and running.
- Make sure that the host and port are not blocked by a firewall.
- Help resources
- Help portal
- SAP community network ( Questions & Answers / Direct Link to Create Question / Blogs )
- SAP community wiki
- Ideaplace forum ( for enhancement requests & new features )
- Video tutorials
- Videos by topic areas: ( Overview, What's New, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Predictive, Collaboration, Administration )
- Training events
- Past event recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- Introducing SAP BusinessObjects Cloud: BI and Planning (SAP Press book)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, conectando, conexão, modelo, SBOC, MySQL, my, microsoft, oracle, netezza , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Problem