Your requirement is to migrate Account related Tax data using Migration of Customers for exiting accounts. In the migration template, you want the Account ID to refer to the External ID, which is the ID of the of the Account in the ERP system. But the system accepts the internal Account IDs which is available in the SAP Cloud for Customer system.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Select Implementation Projects view or Overview
- Search and Open the activity Migration of Customers
- Select Migrate customers using the migration tool
- Upload the Migration File
- Execute Migration for the respective Migration File with Migration Mode Modify already existing records
- You receive the error message mentioned in the Validation step:
- Business partner XXXXX doesn't exist in the system
Migration is a onetime activity used to migrate data from Legacy system to SAP Cloud for Customer system. We do not support External IDs as part of the migration process. This is an integration scenario.
In future Migration Workbench would be replaced with Data Workbench and we will not support External Account ID as Account IDs for the data upload process in SAP Cloud for Customer system.
KBA , external account id , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To