SAP Best Practices Refresh for Talent Applications Only
Please note that there is a change in the package brand name – The formerly available SAP Best Practices instance has been replaced with a SAP Best Practices for Talent Management only instance.
Existing SAP Success Factors customers cannot use this option as the refresh overwrites all existing settings. We recommend those customers to use the ‘load and activate’ (manual configuration) option.
Employee Central is no longer part of the SAP Best Practices pre-configured instance due to the new deployment approach via Upgrade Center: refer to SAP Best Practices for SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central - 2011015 Check also KBA 2575266 - How to Enable Best Practices Employee Central Core Content via Upgrade Center.
Note: For implementing SAP Best Practices for SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central only, no refresh is needed and you can consume the pre-configurations directly via the Upgrade Center.
However, in case you also plan to implement SAP Best Practices for any talent application soon after the setup of Employee Central, it is recommended to start with a copy of the SAP Best Practices Talent Management instance and use the Upgrade Center to activate the Employee Central pre-configuration content.
Open a request with Customer Success
Fill out the attached refresh form and attach the form to the incident
SAP Best Practices Source Master ID Oracle : BPMTALENT1805 Located on Datacenter 4 Production
SAP Best Practices Source Master ID HANA : BPMHANTAL1805 Located on Datacenter 4 Production
- The SAP Best Practices Refresh will only contain the below Packages. EC is no longer covered by the template for the implementation of EC the upgrade center should be used see KBA 2575266
- SAP Best Practices for SAP SuccessFactors Performance & Goals - 2385227
- SAP Best Practices for SAP SuccessFactors Compensation - 2385242
- SAP Best Practices for SAP SuccessFactors Succession & Development -2385261
- SAP Best Practices for SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting - 2385243
- If you are an existing customer refer to for the ‘load and activate’ (manual configuration) option also, reference corresponding configuration guide attached.
For more information please refer to the blog
Post SAP Best Practices Refresh Tasks:
- All needed applications need to be enabled via provisioning and a new super administrator needs to be created refer to corresponding configuration guide - getting started which guides through the implementation steps.
- 1-3 weeks
RDS, SAP Best Practices, Refresh, Talent Applications, rapid-deployment, BPMTALENT1711, BPMASTER1708, BPMTALEN1711, BPMTALENT1802 , KBA , LOD-SF-SER-REF , Instance Refresh , SV-RDS-HCM , SAP HCM rapid-deployment solution , How To