- UserID Change
- What is the process if I need to change a UserID
- Employee Central
- Employee Profile
- BizX Platform
Reproducing the Issue
- Import a wrong UserId via Basic import
- USERID is the system unique value for each user and must be unique. This value is visible in a variety of places to all end users.
Accordingly, USERID should not contain data that is considered confidential, such as a social security number. This value must be passed with each employee data record during each upload.
- Once UserID is created,it can't be modified as UserID will be used in many tables inside EC and in other Modules.
The only option is to create a new user with new UserID and purge the existing user.
- USERNAME is a unique name for each user and is used as the logon ID value. This value is visible in a variety of places to all end users. Accordingly, USERNAME should not contain data that is considered confidential,
such as social security number. Unlike USERID, this value can be updated if needed, (for example, a name change)but must be unique.
- Do not try to modify the UserID of an existing user as the SAP SuccessFactors system User ID is the primary key for the master table that defines each user. As in most employee databases, changing this primary key is not possible without risking disruption of functionality throughout the system.
For more information see KBA 2457516
Useful KBA: 2457516 - Cannot update/ modify username
Basic user import
ECT-72214 , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-EDP , Employee Data Imports , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , LOD-SF-EP , Employee Profile , Problem