How to configure workflows for Foundation Objects?
Employee Central: Foundation Object
Employee Central: Workflows
In our example, we are configuring a workflow for Location Foundation Object. The workflow will get triggered when a new Location is created or an existing Location is edited.
- Create a Workflow that should get triggered.
- Create a Business Rule for triggering the workflow. Please notice the following:
Base object is the Foundation Object for which a workflow should be triggered
Parameter Code "FOWrorkflow" and Object "FO Workflow" should be added
- The Business Rule should be added as an onSave event to the Foundation Object in Corporate Data Model (CDM).
If you do not have access to Provisioning -> Corporate Data Model, please contact your implementation partner or create a ticket with Support with details such as Instance ID, Datacenter details, flex/secondary login ID, Workflow ID, Business Rule ID, Foundation object for which the workflow should be configured and CCOR form.
Please note the following limitations apply for Workflows for Foundation objects:
- You can only create workflows for effective-dated foundation objects.
- The workflow used for the foundation object supports only the following approver types:
- For step approvers: Dynamic Group, Position
- For contributors: Dynamic Group, Position
- For CC users: Person, External Email, Dynamic Group, Position.
Currently, you cannot edit or update workflows for foundation objects on the workflow approval page.
If you have multiple workflows for creating a foundation object for the same foundation object, and these are triggered on the same effective date, the second workflow cannot be approved when the first workflow has been completed. You have to Reject the second workflow.
CDM Corporate_Data_Model FOO , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-FOO , Foundation Objects - MDF & Legacy , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-EC-WFL , Workflow & Trigger (Rules & XML) , How To