- How to prevent Managers from assigning Items to the users in LMS?
- Self Registration of course/Item.
SuccessFactors Learning Management System
Supervisor Registration and Self registration:
To prevent Manager from Item Registration:
- Go to Learning.
- Search for the Item and Open the required Item.
- Click on View All.
- Change "Supervisor Registration" to No.
- If Item is set as Self Registration to Yes then users can assign the items themselves as per above screenshot.
- The supervisor Registration field on snapshot only effects the Register others Option when searched from Catalog on User side or my employees tab.Supervisor will still be able to register users using other entry points.
Another option, in Order for you to stop the supervisor from registering users from other entry points like:
- "Register/Withdraw Employees” link
- "Assign/Remove Learning " Link
Please remove the respective workflows from User Role:
- Access Registrations Workflow > The link for "Register/Withdraw Employees” will not be there under supervisor links
- Access Learning Plans >The link for "Assign/Remove Learning” will not be there under supervisor links also you will not be able to view the learning plan of the subordinates.
Check the following KBA about the Approval Process:
2317431 - How to setup Approval Process - [LMS]
The aproval process for an employee can be done either by:
- Follow steps 1 to 3 same as above.
- Setting the "Approval Required" to "No" which makes the employees automatically enrolled which rules out the below point.
- "Approval Required" to "Yes" and select Approval Process.
Note: Combining this two process and also making the Approval Process is not possible in the current application.
Furthermore, please check the following KBAs about Approval Process:
When a line manager registers a course for the employees and that course required approval, for example, line manager and second level manager need to approve the course. What is the expected behavior in this case?
If the manager had already registered the course for the employee, then the employee gets enrolled to the course irrespective of the approval process that is there for the course.
In the real situation, Manager registers the course that he/she thinks his/her employee should attend, however this course will also need approval from second level manager who arranges the course.
If the line manager can by pass the approval process, then second level team will not know anything about the registration.
In the current application, there is no way that the requested functionality can be achieved.
- 2272856 - LMS: How to assign multiple users to Approval Process
- 2250302 - Unable to Delete/Remove Approval Process
- 2413374 - LMS Training Planner - Knowledge Support and Tips
- 2168649 - Updating a user's manager the approval is with former manager -LMS
- 2452574 - Learning: Additional approver name appears for 1 level supervisor approval Process
line manager, supervisor, HRD, team lead, assignment, item, course , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-COR , LMS Core - Items, Catalog, Curricula , How To