When creating an Organisational Unit with same ID already exists in the system.
Reproducing the Issue
Create an Organizational Unit
- Go to the Organizational Management workcenter.
- Select Common Task: Edit Org Structures.
- Select the date in the Effective From field from which date the changes are to be active in the system, and Click OK
- Select the New button and select Org Unit.
- Enter details in the General - Definitions - Addresses - Function - Employees and Timelines tabs
- Select the Save button and Activate the changes made.
Error Occurs Org Unit ID: XYZ not permitted, ID already in use / Save could not be executed
However, no records found when search for the Organizational Unit.
The reason is the fact that there has been an Org Unit with exact same ID already created in the system.
To locate the concerned Org Unit, make sure the seach is based on the Effective Date maintained (The Valid From Date).
Steps to Locate Org Unit
1. Go To Organizational Management Workcenter
2. Select Organizational Structure subview
3. Enter Effective Date
4. Select Organizational Structures
5. Select the Edit Button
6. In Find Field, enter the Organizational Struture ID
KBA , SRD-MD-OM , Organizational Management , How To