Unposted Goods and Service Receipt due to error
An error occured during depreciation calculation for asset XYZ.
Subseq. Acquisition Not Permitted In Calc.Proc
Reproducing the Issue
- In the General Ledger work center, choose the Closing Cockpit view.
- Select the Source Documents subview.
- Show Unposted Source Documents.
- Select the not posted goods and services receipt document in question.
- Choose View Business Transaction, you can see the same error message: Subseq. Acquisition Not Permitted In Calc.Proc
- Go to Fixed Assets work center.
- Fixed Assets view and navigate to Values tab of the affected Fixed Asset and take a note of the Depreciation Method in use.
Check the settings of this particular depreciation method.
- Go to Business configuration work center.
- Select Implementation Projects view.
- Select Open activity list button.
- Select Fine-Tune chevron.
- Select Depreciation Methods activity.
- Select XYZ.
- Under Calculation Parameters, the checkbox Acquisition Only in Fiscal Year of Capitalization Allowed is checked.
This setting will allow addtional acquistions only in the year of initial acquisition.
Since the fixed asset was posted in previous year and your goods and service receipt posting date is in current year, such addtional acquisistions to fixed asset is not allowed in the subsequent years.
- Uncheck the box Acquisition Only in Fiscal Year of Capitalization Allowed, if you want to allow addtional acquisitions in the subsequent years also whenever this particular depreciation method is assigned to a fixed asset.
- If you do not want to uncheck the setting, then you will not be able to post the goods and service receipt to this asset and the only option is to cancel the goods and service receipt posting.
KBA , SRD-FIN-ERM , Travel and Expense Management , How To