Recalculation is not triggered on change of recalculation field in job info
- Success factors - Employee Central
- Time Off
Reproducing the Issue
1. The time account is set with the Recalculation field as 'Job Grade'
2. Employee inserts a new record (effective dated 19th March 2017) with change in Job Grade but the recalculation did not happen on that date.
1. The Accrual frequency is annual which means that the accrual period is annual. For the Time Account "Annual Leave" the account validity is 1st July 2016 to 30th June 2017 which also means that the accrual period is also 1st July 2016 to 30th June 2017.
2. When it comes to recalculation of accrual, the recalculation will occur only if the change to Job Grade has been done on the first job information record of the accrual period. i.e for this particular employee, only if the job grade is changed on the record dated 1st Nov 2016, the recalculation will trigger. This is currently the working of the system as well as the expected behaviour.
For a solution/workaround for this is to use a function called "Calculate Average Value For Numeric Job Info Field()". The detailed explanation is present in the Time Off handbook under the section "Calculate Average Value For Numeric Job Info Field()"
This function will calculate the average of the values present in the custom field maintained in the job information records.
Implement the rule function in order to have such a scenario work otherwise the recalculation will not be triggered on change of Job Grade on a job info record which is not the first job info record of the accrual period.
Note: The recalculation will happen as soon as the job info is changed If the 'Schedule Immediate Recalculation' is set to Always (In Manage Data -> Time Management Configuration).
The realculation will also happen if we import as well delete the job infor record via history.
Time off Recalculation Recalculation Fields Calculate Average Value For Numeric Job Info Field , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TIM , Time-Off , Problem