- When trying to create a model from BW Import Data connection in SAP Analytics Cloud, the following error is shown: "An error occurred in the BW service: Result set is too large; data retrieval restricted by configuration".
- Model on same query can be created successfully by using the live connection
- Tomcat Catalina.log contains the following error:
- SEVERE [pool-144-thread-1] com.sap.fpa.cloud.rest.bw.BWTaskRunner.readQueryData Error in BW ResultSet: SIZE_LIMIT_EXCEEDED - Result set is too large; data retrieval restricted by configuration
- SEVERE  com.sap.fpa.cloud.internal.DAException.logException Result set is too large; data retrieval restricted by configuration
- SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) 2017.23.1
- SAP BW
Reproducing the Issue
- Log on to SAC tenant.
- Create a model using BW Import Data Connection.
- Select one BEx query having data more than 100,000 rows to build query.
- Click Create button in Build SAP BW Query dialog.
=> Note the error: "An error occurred in the BW service: Result set is too large; data retrieval restricted by configuration"
- BW Safety belt is reached per https://blogs.sap.com/2014/07/06/safety-belt-for-sap-bw-as-data-source/.
- Increase BW safety belt on your BW system by modifying BICS_DA_RESULT_SET_LIMIT_MAX.
=> Note: Safety belt value Increasing might have negative impact on the BW system performance and, if too high, cause out-of-memory dumps.
- After that, if getting another error "An internal server error occurred in the Data Acquisition Service", it may also requires to increase the JVM memory of your Tomcat server where SAP Analytics Cloud Agent is deployed.
- Help resources and free SAP Analytics Cloud content
- Help portal
- SAP Community (Questions & Answers / Direct Link to ask question / Blogs)
- SAP Community WIKI
- Improvement requests (on the SAP Customer Influence portal)
- Video tutorials
- Videos by topic areas: (Overview, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Collaboration, Administration)
- Training events
- Past event recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud
- Introducing SAP BusinessObjects Cloud: BI and Planning (SAP Press book)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Hana Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, conectando, conexão, modelo, SBOC, SAC, SAP BusinessObjects Cloud, Business Objects, SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, BW, size, rows, large, result set, limitation, limit, safety belt, bics, BICS_DA_RESULT_SET_LIMIT_MAX , KBA , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , Problem