You are getting an error while trying to edit an Account to select a State, however the value help for state is empty for the selected country.
Please select State Name in Main Address section
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Account Management workcenter.
- Select Accounts view.
- Select an Account.
- Select Edit and go to Contacts tab
- Select Add Row and Enter the required data.
- Select the General tab.
- In the Main Address section, select the required country.
- The value search for state is empty.
- Select save and the error is generated.
Hence not letting you save the changes.
By default State field is not mandate. This happens if you have done customization for the field State to make it mandate for an Account.
If you have customized State as a mandate field, in that case make sure to add states for all the countries if it is not already existing in the system.
Please follow the below mentioned steps following which you can maintain the state for any country:
- Go to Business configuration workcenter.
- Search the Activity Regions.
- Select Change Immediately.
- Select Add Row
- Select Add country
- Select Maintain States and add states
- Select Save
KBA , AP-BP-BPT , Business Partner Template , How To